Seeds of Love - Valentine's Craft
Valentine's day is a time to show appreciation for those you love. I love all my friends, and of course I love gardening. I've decided that I'm going to combine my two loves and give away seeds this February 14th! Of course, I won't just hand people a pile of seeds. Instead, I'm going to make everyone a special card to put the seeds in. Because the only thing better than getting a packet of seeds, is getting a packet of seeds and a really nice handmade card!
Construction Paper, Scissors, Glue, a Packet of Seeds.
This craft creates a really pretty card that looks like two flowers growing out of a flowerpot and it can be given with or without seeds inside.
1. Cut a piece of dark colored paper into rectangle that is as wide as you want your flowerpot, but twice as tall. I'm using handmade paper that is created from plants, but regular construction paper will work fine.
2. Fold the rectangle in half and draw a flowerpot shape on the front.
3. Cut out your flowerpot so when you unfold your paper you have two flowerpot shapes attached by their bottoms.
4. Now take other colors of paper and for each flower you want in your pot cut out:
- 1 flower center
- 6 small heart shaped flower petals
- 1 large heart shaped flower leaves
8. Write a message on the front of the flower pot and slip the seed pack inside. I also like to put a second message on the seed pack as well. Depending on how big you've made your flower pot you may have to fold the pack to fit it in.
You are now ready to spread seeds of love amongst your friends and family. Remember, Valentine's day is not the only time of year people like to get cards letting them know that someone out there loves them. You can make this any time of year, because people can always use a smile and some seeds to plant. Happy Valentine's day!